For awhile this week I was getting burned out by shooting portraits. Felt all I was doing was trying to get people to look good without regard to trying to pull out an expression. This shot is a return to form for me.
And more good news - I'm butchering less of my shots. Might take a little longer (as anyone that shot with me on Fri can attest to) but I'm trying my best to do a better job framing, especially at the edges.
Posted 2005.08.20 1702 | 6 comments | 3099910 visitors
- YEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWW! Now thats an expressive look. I don't know what your background is but it perfect with her beautiful hair and the blue top.
Rock @ 2005.08.20 1747
- This is the same girl as yesterday? This is excellent! Her hair and the two layers of walls in the background, one which matches her shirt. Wow. I like this a lot!
Jamie @ 2005.08.21 0935
- Cool shot! It's important to have fun in portrait sessions -- I think you've got that down.
Paul @ 2005.08.21 1005
- This is my favorite from all your recent images. I love the expression, and the split color background works perfect. Really a great shot all around.
David Kapp @ 2005.08.21 1225
- Hey, very interesting background to gel with the colors here.
I am not too crzy about her almost closed eyes, but still the image works well for me.
O b e l i x @ 2005.08.21 1331
Thx Rock! She kept having to brush her hair out from her face during the earlier shots so that's where we got the idea to just use it and have fun.
Thx Jamie! Yes, same girl. Lots of different looks.
Thx Paul! I agree, it helps keep things fresh.
Thx Dave! It's my favorite too, been a very long time since I've actually been happy with a shot.
Thx Anand! We used the lobby in the big CSUH building, some weird baby blue wall with a pink door. Have no idea which genius came up with that color scheme but it worked good for us.
Mike @ 2005.08.21 1726
[ expand ]