From the pay gig last weekend, men's suits. To be honest this was my first time shooting male models, but other than posing and expressions it's not all that different than anything else I've done. The shoot went fairly smooth and the client left happy and satisfied, so I can't ask for more. Hopefully this keeps up and the rest of my toys can pay for themselves =)
First up is the red tux. We started with a softbox for fill from frame left and the usual overhead brolly box for main, but I wanted to go for a dramatic effect and switched the fill off.
Posted 2006.04.20 0038 | 8 comments | 2224022 visitors
- This one of your best studio shots yet. It has a nice refined/macho sort of feel to it--exactly the sort of thing one wants when selling suits I would imagine.
dan culberson @ 2006.04.20 0544
- Really like the lighting. Does the tux really fit this guy? It looks two sizes oversize!
Rock Kauser @ 2006.04.20 0952
Thx Dan! The client wanted edgy and bold, think it worked out ok =)
Thx Rock! Haha there were fit issues here and there. Some of the sleeves were too long, some too short, some jackets with shoulders too big, etc. Tried to hide it where I could.
Mike @ 2006.04.21 0117
- Excellent, this works well. Good light, again, Mike.
Obelix @ 2006.04.23 0840
- Thx Anand! This was a new lighting setup for me. I bought some clamps and used the extra background support as a pseudo truss to mount the lights on. Mounted an X1600 overhead with the Softliter aiming down. Worked out pretty good, this frees up the boom for me to try other setups.
Mike @ 2006.04.24 0118
- fantastic lighting around the eyes and face! snazzy suit, too-
Christine @ 2006.04.27 1415
- Thx Christine! He had a great face to go with the short lighting.
Mike @ 2006.04.30 2237
- Nice shot! I am interested to know if the client went for this dramatic look, or if he chose shots with fill. I guess it depends on who HIS clients are!
n.b. @ 2006.11.18 1824
[ expand ]